Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to bookmark me for more updates!!
Loading...

Playlist


Monday, October 20, 2008

Ok, so a few updates.

Ok, so this post may seem kind of whiny, or just sad, but I'm honestly not trying to complain. And please, don't feel bad for me. I'm enjoying myself, lol.

Now that the warning is out of the way, let me tell you about what has been going on. I have been working non-stop since I got a job at BraVo's restuarant. I don't know if I mentioned that in my last blog or not. Anyway, about a month or two ago, I got my first waitressing job ever. I was really nervous about it, but it's turned out absolutely wonderful. I make a ton of money (I made around $80 in tips over the lunch shift today), it's not a difficult job at all, and I get to spend a lot of time with people and food. I love food, lol. So, I've been working non-stop, and that's a good thing.

A bad thing is I've been doing poorly in school. When I say poorly, I don't think it really gets the point across. Basically I haven't been to class since I started working. I found out that working, going to class, and having friends aren't something that you can do all at once. So, I decided to try all three and failed miserably. But I have figured out a way to get through this year without completely alienating myself from my family. I won't be able to pass classes this semester, but I will pay for the classes, withdraw, so the grades won't hurt my GPA, and then I'll go to basic training next semester. After I go to basic I won't have to worry about paying for classes, the army does that, and no one will know that I didn't pass this semester.

I also decided, that after I finish basic training, I'm going to go to school in Minneapolis instead of staying at South Dakota State. Not only will it be nice to be in a big city again, I'll also be away from my friends, so I won't have the temptation to shirk my responsibilities. Oh, and last but not least, my unit is in Minneapolis, so if I live there, I won't have to take a six hour road trip to get to my monthly training.

So, now that that's all decided, I just have to figure out what I want to study. That may take a while.

I'm also trying to find a place to live, and I'm also failing miserably at that. My best friend had invited me to stay on her couch until I was able to find a place, but nothing is available. I found a place to live, but I couldn't find any roommates that could stay with me. And after I gave up the search for roommates, I couldn't find a place that needed an extra person. So, I ended up staying on my friend's couch for around two months.

Well, I tried to stay with other friends as much as possible, so I wouldn't be dominating their couch for two months straight, so in actuality I probably stayed a total of one month. Well, one day I went inside to grab something and my friend tells me that her and her roommates talked it over and they wanted me to pay rent for the time I had spent there. I had already considered paying something because I was using their utilities and stuff, so I asked how much they wanted and she said $300. Now, this is a ridiculous amount because they only pay $200 a month, I had already helped them with the cable and internet bills, I had only stayed the night at the apartment for about a month, and I didn't have my own room or any privacy. If I'm going to pay as much as they pay a month, I had better have my own room that I can shut them out of whenever I want. It was completely ridiculous. And then she said she needed me out of the place by the 15th. So, I said forget it, I'm not paying anything and I'll get my stuff out of here tomorrow. I was so angry with her.

So, then we got in a fight over it and I no longer have a best friend. Well, I no longer have that best friend, anyway. The only thing that upsets me is that she can do math as well as I can. If I can figure out that $300 is ridiculous, so can she and she was trying to take advantage of the hospitality that she offered. She's supposed to be my best friend, she should be trying to stop people that want to take advantage of me, not trying to take advantage of me herself. So, at the moment, I'm living in my car. I actually enjoy it, lol. It's the most privacy I've had in the past 2 months, lol. Besides, I have plenty of blankets and if I get too cold, I can always turn the heater on for a little while. And I'm the only homeless person I know that makes a crap ton of money, lol. I think even if I do find a place anytime soon, I won't be able to move in because I'll have to move out at the end of this semester anyway. But like I said, it's actually kind of fun, so I'm not too worried about it. It's just like camping, except better. :P

Anyway, that's about it for news, so I had better get going.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry. I can't believe your friend would do such a thing, and I really hope you find a place soon!

Have you tried finding a really cheap motel? Some of them actually have weekly rates, instead of daily.